Friday, May 29, 2009

The Things We Do For Love...

So, today is officially my only day of summer. Starting Monday, I will be teaching summer school from 8-1 and then driving straight to my summer job leasing apartments. I'm looking forward to the extra money and the stress that it will take off Nick's shoulders (my hubby is a worrier), but I'm a little sad I don't get my summer off. EMT school and the Fire Academy are not free, so I will take this summer to aid my Love in pursuing his dreams. I am so proud of him. He has been working so hard and non-stop. I can't wait to see all of his hard work completely open up the doorway to all he ever wanted. For that, I think I can suck it up one more summer and work. Here are a few pictures of some fun times from last summer. Hopefully, we'll be able to pencil in a few of these outings this summer too!





3 comments:

  1. You are such a great wife! Nick is a lucky lucky man. Just think...a couple months of sacrifice (because let's face it, giving up your summer is a HUGE sacrifice) to help your man get a great job and maybe ya'll have a baby - needless to say it will be worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling for you losing the summer, but the good news is that at least leasing apartments you don't have to hear, "Mrs. Homyk, I don't get it..." Just trying to look on the bright side...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful picture of God's grace and sacrificial love! Hope your working time is fruitful and your time off super fun!

    ReplyDelete